18 May 2009

The Fool

My dear friend, BB Mumblings, is going through a metamorphosis. While she explained her angst on the phone yesterday, what she was telling me seemed very familiar. Then I remembered that I had touched on the subject briefly in the blog post, Epiphanes and the Divine Law of Life, which she quotes in her recent blog post, Driven Brutal Bitch Revolution.

I read my words from the blog post to her: "When a woman takes on the attributes of a man and tries to mimic the actions of men instead of acting of her true womanly essence and nature, she is not creating equality for herself and other women. She is as lost and as distant from her connection to Mother Nature as any man and appears a fool. She is living by the constraints of man-made law."

When I got to "appears a fool", I apologized and stated, "Oh, maybe that was harsh. I'm sorry. You're not a fool."

Instead of being offended, she agreed with me referencing The Fool from a Tarot deck. I know that the Tarot is a means of divination. I play it online, but I am completely ignorant of the meanings of the individual Tarot cards. My curiosity of the individual meanings prompted me to explore.

From the many Google results, I found a simple, yet encompassing definition. The Fool when upright means new beginnings, new adventures, new opportunities, unlimited possibilities, pleasure, passion, thoughtlessness, rashness. When the card is reversed it means a bad decision, indecision, apathy, hesitation, a faulty choice.

When I made my statement, I was referring directly to women who take on the attributes of men to "make it" in a "man's world" instead of staying true to their natural divine feminine aspects in that same world. The "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" way of life. I have the utmost respect and gratitude for our predecessors who charged into the world of men head first with the woman's movement. Like the Marines who go into the battle first, the feminist movement did what it had to do to make change. Did they did accomplish the task with the right strategy.? I'm not to judge. When dealing with wolves, one doesn't show up in a sheep's clothing.

As we exited that first wave, I believe that the first line of feminists set a precedent. We didn't have many role models, and those that made it through the battle lines relatively unscathed became our role models. So the next generation of the 1980's and 1990's followed suit of the first.

In this context, The Fool is appropriate. When a woman, or anyone for that matter, takes on a role that is out of the ordinary it means new beginnings, adventures, or opportunities.

If one follows their heart, or soul's path, it can lead to unlimited possibilities, pleasure or passion. But indecision, apathy, hesitation, depression and lack of self worth follows anyone who doesn't find true meaning or assumes a disguise to succeed in the world. The result is summed up as a faulty choice or bad decision.

It's not a man's world. It's everyone's world, but it continues to be dominated by men. Women need not act like men to create change as we push forward. That first generation of warriors needed to do what was necessary to tear down the wall and break the stereotypes that existed. Now, awareness continues to climb. We shouldn't have to hide the fact that we are women by becoming out of touch with our natural selves. There is still more education to be had, especially here in the Deep South, but we are smarter, wiser and quicker than the system and its man-made laws.

This isn't an "us against them" fight. What we need is a balance between the energies. Men, as well as women, need to open up to and honor the feminine divine within. And when that happens, true change will ensue.

We raise awareness in our own ways. I admire women that remain on the battlefield slugging it out and taking the hits, I only hope they don't lose their souls in the process and appear the reverse fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment